The Freightliner Columbia can be best described in two words; efficient and reliable. Music to the ears of truck owners and drivers alike.
The CL112 has been designed to maximise your payloads, and therefore your profits. Its high strength aluminium cabins give a surprisingly low tare weight, while the setback front axle allows for unrivalled weight distribution. The 16 degree slopped bonnet means excellent visibility in tight areas along with improved aerodynamics. With great fuel economy, ease of maintenance and overall lower costs per kilometre, you can be sure your Columbia CL112 is working as hard as you are.
Whether you need a truck for distribution or construction work, you know your Columbia CL112 is going to be there with you through rough and smooth.
The Columbia CL112 is extremely versatile, you can be assured you will have the power you need to complete whatever job you’re doing. Motorized by the latest generation Cummins ISLe5, the 8.9 litre engine delivers up to 400 hp and 1,254 lb-ft of torque and will work in conjunction with either Eaton manual or Allison automatic transmissions. The Freightliner Columbia CL112 can be rated to 40,000kg Gross Combination Mass. The high power to weight ratio, compression brake of up to 250 bhp and the rear engine ‘Power Take Off,’ this truck has serious muscle behind it.
The CL112 can be tailored to the finest detail to seamlessly fit whatever job you’ve got. The CL112 is available in 6 x 4, 8 x 4 and 10 x 4 configurations for construction work and 4 x 2 or 6 x 4 for distribution roles. A huge 1,300 square inch ‘engine mounted’ radiator ensures close ‘fan to shroud’ clearance for maximum cooling efficiency.
Driving the Columbia CL112
With its comfortable, ergonomic layout, the Columbia CL112 is a pleasure to drive.
- Seats Inc, XTREME HD air suspended seats provide the ultimate in personalised comfort.
- A steering wheel with standard foot operated tilt and telescoping features.
- The windshield’s 24 degrees angle reduces drag and fuel costs.
Columbia CL112 Maintenance
Precise design minimizes downtime and costs.
- The hood tilts to 90 degrees for easy access to the engine compartment.
- Transparent fluid reservoirs make your daily checks easy.
- Headlight bulbs can be replaced in minutes without tools.
- The two-piece curved windshield allows partial replacement and greater visibility
The Columbia CL112 provides drivers with a modern, comfortable and safe place to spend their downtime. Cabins include a Day Cab and the 34” Mid-Roof Sleeper, both of which are expertly designed to make the most of the space and provide you with maximum comfort.
Features of the truck interior include:
- Softer lighting
- Easy-to-clean, tough fabric.
- Noise reduction technology to reduce stress.
- Plenty of under-bunk and overhead storage with locks.
- Fully adjustable Seats Inc, XTREME HD air suspended seat.
|Freightliner Columbia Features and Benefits Brochure|
|Freightliner Columbia Spec Sheet|